The Bush Fam

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Parents!


I have some amazing parents. I always knew they were fab, but now that I am a parent, I am even more aware of their excellence. My parents are still married to eachother. That is a blessing and not the norm. I have lots of friends who have to celebrate holidays and birthdays with up to 4 sets of parents.
I am also blessed with in-laws that are still married to eachother and are godly examples for me! My kids are so blessed to have a wonderful Nana, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa! (or grandpa and grandpa as Cam says!)

I ALWAYS felt loved. I am doing a Bible study right now called Captivating. One chapter was about the hurts that parents placed in your life. I had nothing to share. (Well I did share that my parents did a good job) After listening to several women tell heartbreaking stories of divorce and parents that did not love them, I felt even more blessed by the parents God gave me.

My parents are hard workers. My mom worked and kept the house clean and the kids fed. My dad worked a bunch, but was always there for soccer games and important events.

My parents supported me in all that I did. Whether it was soccer or softball, my parents were always there to cheer me on. I am so excited to be able to cheer on my kids now!!

My parents raised me to know Jesus. We were expected to go to church EVERY Sunday. The only exceptions were fever or throwing up! This is the most important thing my parents for me. They modeled what a godly woman and man looked like. They modeled what a godly marriage looked like. They paid for me to go on mission trips and choir tours that furthered my walk with Christ.

My mother is one of the strongest women I know. She is selfless and loving. My father is one of the most gentle men I know. He is supportive and loving. Dennis and Marsha Wycoff - I am so blessed to have you as my parents. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly -- it's good to hear that a dad can travel a lot for work and still be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your parents Angela. You are blessed and so are they!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete