The Bush Fam

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Great Day Ended in The ER!


Yesterday started off so great. I had Bible study (which always makes a day better). Worked a little bit at church and then picked up Mason from school. We hung around the house and I did laundry and dishes . . . the usual. Mason had his second t-ball game last night. It was great. He played good and it was nice weather to watch the game. Then we headed to our friends house for dinner. We hadn't hung out with the Tremes in ages. Our kids love eachother and have so much fun playing together and I love hanging out with Tim and Crystal! Matt's parents were there too. It was a really fun night.

Then a huge crash. A toy shopping cart flew down the stairs. As I got to the stairs, Cameron came tumbling down. Probably the worst thing I have ever seen and I keep seeing it over and over again in my mind. Immediately she had a HUGE bump on the back of her head. We took her to the ER. Thankfully Matt's parents were there and they took Mason home with them for the night.

Cameron was acting pretty normal which helped me to not completely freak out and have a melt down in the ER. The doctor checked her out and said we could take her home and check her every hour during the night and then take her to our pediatrician today. We have an appointment in an hour.

Having a child fall down the stairs is one of my greatest fears. It is why we don't have stairs in our home. I am usually kind of crazy checking on my kids when there are stairs around. I felt like the world's worst mom for not being more dilligent in checking on my babies. The picture above is of Cameron from Sunday. God is GOOD and it seems like Cameron is going to be just fine. Just a reminder that we need to cherish the time we have with our loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment